Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Photo realism debate!!

N1PPON opened this issue on Oct 20, 2003 ยท 62 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 12:09 PM

i'm going to go out on a limb here and be a little more critical than the above posts. my personal feeling about your pictures is this:

i don't think most people care about integrating photos with most poser work. tons of people use it for backgrounds and even hair. but when you talk about replacing features, and you're only doing portraits, it's not clear what you are personally adding to the original photographs. especially since you wash out the portraits to a point that really only the hair and eyes are visible. you might post the original photos and the original renders as well, just to let people see your work. also, if the original photos are yours, you should say so. if not, attribute. i understand what you're saying about photo realism, and i'm not saying don't use photos. you might, however, assuage people's hostility if you had one or two posts making the process a little less transparent (say a triptych of photo, render, finished product?). basically, i suspect people are hostile because they mistakenly believe that you're basically passing of someone else's blurred photograph as your own poser work.

for examples of poser photorealism without replacing features such as eyes, etc. you might check out Mec4d's, dalinise's and ByteMeOk's product promos and galleries.