Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Photo realism debate!!

N1PPON opened this issue on Oct 20, 2003 ยท 62 posts

Dave-So posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 10:41 PM

Not sure if this fits with where this thread is going, however I submit it anyway for your consideration. This image in rendered in Poser5 using Poser4 render engine..antialiasing, etc...there is no post work other than converting to jpg. This image illustrates everthing discussed so far..I think, and again leaves us in a dilemma..or does it ? The texture is from Maskedit...hair from Harvey Mann. The model is Victoria 3 from DAZ..the lights are from RDNA. Now, this image has borrowed items from everywhere and everyone. Is this any differewnt from the great wotk accomplished by N1PPON ??? His thing is using photos or stock images, whatever, to achieve a higher realm of realism....although, I think this isn't too bad, considering :) But the onlty thing that is important, IMO, is the final result, not how it is arrived at. I can make the statement, however, that this is more "Poser" as there is no postwork, and rendered in Poser...but who cares, really? Also, have "I" really done anything artistic here???? Can't anyone take the meterials I have and do the same thing with the same end result? I do think about that sometimes.... although, if you're creating an image that has some substance, and you can technically create your vison to enable others to see it as well, using other's textures and stuff is art as well...plug and play or not.... I guess this can be batted and kicked around forever.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854