Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Photo realism debate!!

N1PPON opened this issue on Oct 20, 2003 ยท 62 posts

ronstuff posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 3:14 PM

I hardly think that requesting a showcase which demonstrates the potential of Poser as a medium is elitist. Certainly it is no more elitist than the accepted and understood requirements for the Vue or Bryce galleries. I believe that the community would benefit from such a gallery by showing clear examples of what CAN be done in Poser, rather than focusing on what can't. I think this would also be a valuable tool for newcomers to encourage them to delve into Poser before they rush out to purchase Photoshop. I also think that just by knowing whether one is looking at 2D or 3D work one might derive many valuable tips on lighting, posing and composition. But when the medium is mixed or obscured, it is difficult to extract any helpful tips on 3D technique. As I have said repeatedly, I wholeheartedly encourage all forms or art, regardless of the medium. I truly enjoy seeing the creativeness of people like N1PPON and schmoopy, and even agree that they do represent some of the many aspects of Poser. They just do not represent Poser as the primary medium, and categorizing them as Poser work only adds to the confusion. Having a Poser Medium gallery would go a long way to minimize this confusion.