Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Whays every1 gone crazy over anime dolls?

Laver2k opened this issue on Oct 21, 2003 ยท 36 posts

Veritas777 posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 11:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1119794

Nice link- I posted it again as a quickie-link. Yes, I think Americans and Westerners CAN do good Anime. It's probably somewhat like spending a year or two in Japan, where you can really absorb the culture of Japan and get an idea of what makes them tick. Eventually you get your ZEN moment and go "AHA!", I GET IT! But of course you still have to translate that understanding into REALLY GOOD lines and curves in a 3D Modeling app. I would bet that a lot of these good Anime modelers have spent a LONG TIME drawing these characters, and so when they sit down at their computer, they have the 3D scan of the character already in their brain, and can visualize it from every angle. So if you can do the 3D Lines and Curves AND can put that CUTE CHARM and FEMALE CHARISMA into the chara, you have a good Anime Character. It's very hard for most people to get ALL of those factors going in a character. That's why Little Fox has done so well with Koshini- because it WAS a very good execution of Charm and Cuteness in the direction she wanted to take it in.