Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser5 freezes with SR3

Himico opened this issue on Oct 06, 2003 ยท 12 posts

gkruts posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 1:43 PM

Suggestion: load and minimize task manager, so you get the CPU graph in the system tray. I will bet that your system is pegged at 100% CPU when running the larger (not size, more object intense) render. It's helped me get over a lot of the Poser "freezes", doesn't make it faster, but at least I know it is doing something. I always have it running when rendering, calculating dynamics, adding INJ and Morphs. And Poser is not consistant with handling interrupts while doing intensive processes. Some actions register a cancel immediately, just take a while to quit (rendering scene AFTER loading textures and making shadow maps), or never even notice (while loading textures or calculating dynamics). It is faster to flip the big red switch on the back of the building than to try to stop Poser while calculating frame draping of 8000 count hair! =P The bane of Poser 5? Dynamic hair, OMG it sucks to render! Even worse, try doing it WITH a shadow map, with multiple lights! AAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!! I've also had a lot of failed renders (Firefly just stops, drops back to Poser with partially rendered image) with Dynamic Hair. (Sorry, got off topic there)