Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NewbiesTo Poser Be Leary Of DAZ

ChaosOutlaw opened this issue on Oct 26, 2003 ยท 102 posts

sixus1 posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:45 AM

um, excuse me.. as far as commercial interest goes you're absolutely right:it's totally in my commercial interest to inform someone in this position that there are alternatives. It's also in the commercial intersts of 'rosity to have that mentioned here, as it is also in the same interests of every merchant here at 'rosity. I'm curious to see if this gets moved. I've stated before that simply because of my business I CAN'T post in this forum, for any reason. It'll be interesting to me to see exactly where the loyalties lie on this one: with Daz, a company who is in direct competition with 'rosity on many levels, or with a merchant simply making a point that there are alternatives. Caly: I'm sorry you have taken it that way. Really. I am. But I also feel that I'm totally justified in stepping in here. While I obviously speak for my business, the points I'm making are totally in support of 'rosity and it's merchants as well as other sites that offer sound alternatives. I'm not saying that people shouldn't give Daz patronage; I'm saying that when the frustrations mount they have alternatives. I'm saying that even before the frustrations begin, they have alternatives. I'm saying that there needs to be more emphasis placed on alternatives and that a one-horse-market, either intentional or not, real or simply percieved, is a breeding ground for problems such as the ones this gentleman has mentioned.