Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NewbiesTo Poser Be Leary Of DAZ

ChaosOutlaw opened this issue on Oct 26, 2003 ยท 102 posts

fauve posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:19 PM

ChaosOutlaw has a right to his opinion. The opinions of others are equally valid. So here are my experiences with DAZ as a counterpoint.

Like Caly, I've been shopping there since well before they were DAZ, back in the Zygote days. I've spent a ton of money (don't even want to think how much! :-> ) with them, and bought an awful lot of items over a period spanning years. I have had problems with a few of the things I've purchased. An email to DAZ's customer service has always been enough to set things straight.

Once or twice (again, over this period of years) I've emailed and haven't received an answer. I gave it a few days, then re-sent my mail with a polite note attached to the effect that I hadn't heard from them yet on the matter. That always got an immediate, helpful reply. The items I've bought from them have all been well-made and well-tested, with a few little glitches here and there (like the inverted Michael 3 bump maps), but any reasonable person realizes that no company produces 100% of their items flawlessly every time.

DAZ makes very high-quality 3D models for affordable prices. They're customer-service-oriented, helpful, talented folks. I've enjoyed the years of shopping with them that I've had so far, and if they carry on their business in the way they have in the past, I will remain a loyal customer of theirs in the future. And no, I'm not a broker with them (I'm not a merchant at all, in fact.) Nor am I a "DAZ groupie", whatever that is. I'm just a satisfied customer.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend DAZ to any Poser newbie, because DAZ is a terrific example of how an ethical and responsible business conducts themselves and contributes to this community. If I may be allowed my own cheap shot here, DAZ has never once -- much less multiple times -- wittingly or unwittingly allowed a broker to offer pirated items for sale and then kept the proceeds, without allowing any recourse to the cheated customer.