Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NewbiesTo Poser Be Leary Of DAZ

ChaosOutlaw opened this issue on Oct 26, 2003 ยท 102 posts

Gorodin posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 3:37 PM

I had a lot to say on this, both from a customer viewpoint and a broker viewpoint... but it ain't worth it. So here's the short of it: DAZ is a small company that, unlike most others in that market, stands by its products and services. Yes they have problems occasionally, but they are conscientious about fixing them. Yes they have slow customer service sometimes, and sometimes drop the ball entirely and need to be reminded -- but there are LESS THAN 30 PEOPLE in the entire company! How many of those do you think can dedicate themselves to customer support? People have a right to be upset. I get angry too, wehen I spend money, have a problem, and it seems like i am being ignored. But I also have some idea of what it is like to run a small business like this. The unfortunate truth is that sometimes people fall through the cracks and don't get the attention they deserve. But in DAZ's defense, when they learn of these things, they try to make it right. In regards to merchant/broker issues at DAZ: I have heard that there has been more than one merchant unhappy with DAZ, but I have never heard why. I would be greatly interested in hearing why, especially from someone like Sixus1, whose work I respect a lot. I have personally had nothing but good experiences brokering with DAZ in my short time there, so I am not aware of the negative issues.