Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 Born in Hell!!!!

CoreArts opened this issue on Oct 30, 2003 ยท 41 posts

pdxjims posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 8:30 AM

I hate injection morphing, more for the face than anything else. However, there are ways to get sround it. Adding all the morphs to V3 or M3 creates a very heavy figure in terms of file size. And if you're running a smaller system or P5, it can really impact rendering time and the number of figures you can put in. I've noticed though, that many of the morphs I just don't use. So I created a V3 that only has the morphs I usually use injected in it, save the.cr2 file, and go from there. If I need another morph, I add it to that set. I mean really, I don't use the umpteen breast size morphs. Just a couple usually will work for most figures. And do I really use all the face variations? Nope. They're nice to have when I need them, but why have the overhead when I'm not using one? Celtic, french, and japanese faces are very good options, when you need them. But most of the time they just add overhead. That's the whole idea behind injection morphing, to allow for the greatest variation for a high res figure, but let you pick and choose which ones to use at any given time. Most of us have gotten into the habit of loading the "All Injection Poses", and that's what kills us. The M3/V3 require a little more careful pick and choose. What I'd like to see in Daz Studio is a drag and drop (or quick apply) option with a list of possible morphs to choose from. Select the ones you want from the list (multiple select please), drag them to the figure, and only those are injected. It does take a little more time sometimes, but by starting with a simpler base and only using what I need to inject, I keep the file size down and the remaining injections go a lot quicker. If you're good at editing a pose file by hand, you can combine different injections from the Daz files and have one preset one that'll load your usual base set.