Forum: Vue

Subject: vue pro opinions please-

maldowns opened this issue on Nov 04, 2003 ยท 73 posts

timoteo1 posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 2:06 AM

Perhaps I can do a full review in the near future, but for now just a quick summary of my impressions of Vue PRO after having it a few days ...

Guitta is correct in that there are many GREAT new features and what amount to FIXES (like multiple UNDO, for example) that should have been in Vue4. She barely scratched the surface of some of the amazing new things (like object replacement and decimation ... very handy!)

HOWEVER, with that being said, I can only echo the sentiment of many others here ... IT IS EXTREMELY UNSTABLE (i.e. BUGGY) AT THIS POINT. Vue 4.2 was very stable for me, even with OpenGL enabled amazingly enough. However, PRO is very unstable and I can list multiple ways in which to consistently crash it, unfortunately.

Finally, there have not been significant improvements in the area of animation and keyframing. Vue Pro is still VERY WEAK in this area. And Pro has introduced some new quirks with keyframe nodes "spazzing out" after simple changes.

I'd say it has a LOT of potential, and I just hope they squash some of these bugs soon, as currently I can't seem to get anything done because of the bizarre behavior.

-Tim