Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help :( More questions on adding a new character

Towal opened this issue on Nov 03, 2003 ยท 21 posts

hauksdottir posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 3:00 AM

As RHazeltine suggests... use the orthographic cameras to check the position. With no perspective to cheat the eye, it is easy to SEE if the feet really are on the floor or the head really does clear the doorway. I keep the auxiliary camera far enough back to see the entire scene (useful for when something loads and I can't find it). The Posing and Main cameras are for rendering. Also check your focal lengths! The defaults are pretty bad. If you have a Body or Hip selected, hold down the shift key as you move it when you are roughing items into place. This keeps the selected item from changing into anything else. For example, you are moving a hand to the hip... the last thing you want to happen is to grab the abdomen or forearm or thumb. After you get stuff close, use the dials to align nicely. Look for JTrout's fishies. Aren't there some free texture maps for the basic fish, too? That will help supplement the chief purchased items. You might look at the DAZ Lion fish and Clown fish if you didn't already get them... A Court Jester for an undersea realm? (I'm feeling mean: I could see the dragon holding up a clown fih and saying "Alas, poor Yorick!" before chowing down.) The bubbles in various sizes add to the fantasy effect. You'll need to keep care that the light on the bubbles matches the light in your scene. But you've already made major strides! Carolly