Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Automatically applying materials to alternateGeom?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Oct 27, 2003 ยท 4 posts

ToolmakerSteve posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 12:50 AM

When I'm editing a CR2, I do two things to make sure I get the changes: First and most important, I delete ALL objects from the scene that use the CR2 - I was hoping to compare two different versions of the same object, without bothering to change the CR2 name each time, but if one object is already open in the Poser scene, asking to load another apparently just clones the one already in memory. Of course "File/New" is one way to get rid of all such objects - but that won't help with a multi-object scene. IMPORTANT: The Poser scene file COPIES the information from all CR2's that are loaded. Any changes to a CR2 WON'T AFFECT ALREADY MADE SCENES. This is either a good thing, or a horrible thing, depending on what you had in mind. GEOMETRY OBJ's are different - if you change an obj, and then re-load a scene, the new geometry is loaded. Basically, a scene file (pz3) is like a giant cr2 file - it contains REFERENCES to all the obj's, rather than storing all the obj's inside of itself. Second (and usually not needed), I click on a different folder within Figures library, and then click back on the folder I really want. I do this in case I had added or deleted any files from that folder while I was messing around outside Poser - otherwise Poser gets confused about which file is which. I have deduced that while a given library folder is open, it "remembers" which is the "third" cr2 (for example) it saw in the directory - if another cr2 file is added earlier in the alphabet, such that the one I want to load is now the "fourth" one shown, it will load the wrong one. Craziness.