Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lookin' for flowing, graceful, classical, robe-like clothes

pazu opened this issue on Nov 13, 2003 ยท 16 posts

zai posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 4:42 AM

heya pazu... a thought when we get a chance...maybe we could send an agreed upon practice image back and forth to see how each of us is fairing and the techniques we are using... one trick I used recently which was SO simple I came across it by accident was when I had to put a dress on a figure that was unclothed. I was thinking...OMG..Ive never painted clothes before..how the h#$ll am I gonna do that. Weirdly enough, I started out painting the edges on another layer in photoshop assuming I would have to outline the area I wanted cloth in, then brush in complicated folds and shadows and the like..but I didn't have to! I just did the layer as an overlay on the nude figure...filled it and then set the opacity to very low and the body itself did all the work. What I thought was going to take me hours took me all of 20 minutes....! I'm going to try it on other figures, just havent had time yet. I don't think it will do all the great folds we would like to achieve, but it may give a very quick starting point fo r the rest....

Rendo Store | Freebies | RDNA Store