Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The value placed on realism in 3D work--what's that about?

pookah69 opened this issue on Nov 16, 2003 ยท 39 posts

maclean posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 7:48 PM

'If I create something, by the very definition of 'art' (From Merriam-Webster...the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects; also: works so produced), I have produced art' With respect, I beg to differ. You've produced something which you consider to be art. That's not quite the same thing as the rest of the world considering it to be Art (with a capital A). Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that whatever you produce WON'T be art. Nor am I saying it won't have any value, whether it is or isn't 'Art'. I'm just saying that, in order for it to be considered as art by future generations, you'll need a lot more than just a personal opinion. It would be easier if we all just had fun, but it's part of human nature to strive to do something that has some value. I think this is a good thing, but we can't ALL be remembered by our descendants. No matter what the PC people tell us, in real life, people do get left out or forgotten. Just as well, really. I'd hate to think of people discussing me in 200 years time. LOL. mac