Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The value placed on realism in 3D work--what's that about?

pookah69 opened this issue on Nov 16, 2003 ยท 39 posts

maclean posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 8:35 PM

Attached Link: http://web.infinito.it/utenti/m/maclean/

LovePyrs, I think that's about the size of it. Anything can be 'artistic'. Whether it's a 'Work of Art' (insert big drum roll) or not is another question. You see, I'm a bit of a tradionalist. When someone mentions art to me, I think of Renoir or Da Vinci - not Joe Blow and his new DAZ Millenium Fantasy Critter. Now, I know I'm in a minority because practically everyone nowadays has to be an artist of some description. And if you say they're not, they're liable to belt you one. Well, fair enough. I do think people should try to create something bigger and better than themselves, but let's not get carried away here. What we're doing with poser is more along the lines of tinkering with technology and imagery. It can produce some amazing results, but it has a long way to go before it will be considered as Art. I'm a fashion photographer and I've never made any claims to being an artist. I turn up sober, do the shoot and get a result. Some of my stuff may be well done and interesting, but Art, it ain't! Ah well, I hope I haven't offended anyone. I usually refrain from mouthing off in these discussions. "Your Honor. The defendant pleads Boredom and asks for another 632 counts of cheesy photography to be taken into account" mac Site addy for those who think people with no poser gallery can't state an opinion.