Forum: Carrara

Subject: Evaluating Poser 5, Opinions Requested (humble and otherwise) LONG POST!

GrantH opened this issue on Nov 18, 2003 ยท 5 posts

Hoofdcommissaris posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 3:27 AM

I love 3D and I'm always trying to "fit it in" to what I do at work. I seek new tools to expand what I can offer my clients and employer. Sometimes there are no demo versions available; often the demo versions are not close enough to the "real thing" as to rely on for purposeful evaluation. As such, I take the risk and purchase programs now and again to see if I can incorporate them into my tool box. I can totally relate to that! Poser and Carrara do a good job in that respect. For print it is good stuff, but I am still working on creating stuff that doesn't jump at you as an obvious Poser model directly. Though a lot of people looking at the visuals you create with a fairly different view than peers around here. Most of the people really don't give a flying duck in HOW you created the image. They just relate to the image itself and what it evokes. I am not on Poser 5 yet (and on a G4, still), but I will upgrade eventually. Untill now I have been able to earn the cost for the software back. For some years now I have been thinking about buying LightWave, but Carrara and Poser (and occasionally Bryce) are enough for what I want. And for how much time I have on my hands.