Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Update on Daz|Studio

renderhawk opened this issue on Nov 19, 2003 ยท 62 posts

compiler posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 1:42 PM

It seems that save will be enabled, but, probably, only to the specific DS format. Basically, it's Poser 4 with a decent library management, multiple levels of undo, Open GL preview and renderman compliant render engine. The multiple levels of undo are a real godsend : I wonder what the ressource needs will be ? I have got used to the poser preview and Vue's Open GL management in Windows makes me weary about the ressources needed, but I'm curious to see this also. The library management is already in Poser 5. As for the render engine, I don't know what renderman does. If I read well, though, the shader use is basic in the beta version : you can edit the same things as in Poser 4 plus refraction, displacement and lighting, and you have more freedom to use maps. We'll have to wait until "further shader developpement" (planned for late stages of beta). It doesn't seem that much above Poser 5 from what is said in this page, but I'm curious to see it nonetheless : it might hold more than what is told there. What really worries me is that it only supports Poser 4 format so far : will I be able to open Poser 5 scenes with it (even if I have to abandon the P5 materials in the process) ? Could this also mean that there is a rift growing between Curious labs + Poser and DAZ + DS ?