Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser animation capabilities

dangerousbeans opened this issue on Nov 20, 2003 ยท 9 posts

timoteo1 posted Fri, 21 November 2003 at 2:48 AM

Also, check out the animations by Phoul on Belino.net, he does some nice work with Poser and Vue. There are also some animation demos at DAZ3D.com. In both the above, like a lot of animators, most are rendered in other programs, but character animated in Poser. Also, DAZ Studio is coming out very shortly, you might want to see what it is capable of as well. I personally have a love/hate relationship with Poser. On some levels it is fantastic, on others it is horrid. I do think Poser has one of the best animation/key-framing pallettes I've used. On the other hand, it's interpolation leaves something to be desired at times. (and the lack of multiple undo is frustrating) However, that's where tweaking comes in (editing in the spline graphs, etc.), and true animation starts. But it depends on your definition of animation. Some people are happy with making two poses at two different points on the timeline and letting Poser do the rest. These animations look VERY "Poserish" (either robotic, or with unprofessional collisions/peek throughs, or overactive (due to too much reliance on spline interpolation). But again, as far as the animation interface specifically, I think it is one of the best ... especially for animating characters of course. -Tim