Forum: Community Center

Subject: Disgusted!!

Lady Cherry opened this issue on Nov 19, 2003 ยท 140 posts

Stormrage posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:34 PM

"First of all, Lady Cherry and Rendervisions is already back in the Web Ring, as we would like to give her the benefit of the doubt. That was even before I had seen this thread this morning; in my original message (as we all know) I invited her to rejoin. But the numbers on her site's rise to the #2 spot in the Web Ring (over a matter of a few weeks) were much, much different from every other site in the Top 15. Not to mention that those other top sites had been a part of the Web Ring for at the very least a year, and in most cases much longer. Rendervisions joined the Web Ring in Feb 03. One's standing in our Web Ring is based on 3 factors, each assigned a different 'weight'. The higher one's total weight, the higher in the Web Ring she'll appear. I'm not going to share those numbers with everyone here. Though her numbers were significantly, obviously, and oddly out-of-line with every other site in the Top 15, not to mention on down the list. Most of the skewed activity was recent, reflecting the meteoric rise to the top. Is it possible for those numbers to be arrived at legitimately? Of course...Is it likely?...Not very" Ummm actually Asher it is very likely. You may not think so but after rosity had so many damned problems over the last month how is it NOT LIKELY that a few sites made a metoric rise to the top. NOT everyone goes to Poser Pro's, Rotica, Commune and the like. I honestly believe you owe Lady Cherry an apology. "Is it likely? ... Not very"