Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, what's up with Poser 5? Is it a lemon or a jewel?

dontbotherme opened this issue on Dec 02, 2003 ยท 30 posts

Silke posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 6:38 AM

I've had little to no problem (well not major anyway) with P5. It's very stable on my AMD XP1800 on Win2K (1.2gb RAM here tho). There are some things that will forever annoy me. (Lights, anyone?) and others I am only beginning to explore now. (Cloth stuff and Hair) I only got it a few weeks ago, but used it on a friends machine from release to SR2. It was extremely buggy early on, things freezing for no apparent reason, renders stopping etc. Some is still around, other things have been fixed. It's up to you. But if you are still very uncertain whether you want to do it or not, why not wait and see what Daz Studio has to offer? If that's any good, it might be a nice alternative. (NO idea what it will cost in the end tho) And on top of it there will be a public beta from what I understand. I will likely run P4 and / or P5 and D|S, as will many here. I'm sure a few other people who have used it more / longer will give you some good pros and cons. There are differences between P4 and P5, no question. The question is - what are you looking for. A lot of people are quite happy to work with P4PP and wouldn't give P5 a passing glance, others are more than happy working in P5 and using some of the features it offers. Yet others use both. It all really depends on what YOU are looking for. Silke

Silke