Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: questions about updating p5 settings to improve performace of the interface

darknewt opened this issue on Dec 01, 2003 ยท 30 posts

darknewt posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:39 PM

Wow.... Thanks for the input... I will try some of the stuff tonight. but here is an update so far... -I moved v3 back into the poser p5 runtime (I had her in the download runtime)that had a big impact on the interface response time when doing injections poses. -I changed the bucket size to 128 and the render time improved. Here is what i plan to do next -move my pagefile swapfile to my non raid drive -switch on the performance instead of appearance. Additional thoughts and musings Silke, All the conversation around the page file makes me think about how raid works (as i understand it) the whole point of raid is data recovery. I dont think I need that for the page file but I do need that for the data files. the overhead of raid writing in 4 - 120 drives and keeping everything in sync must be playing havoc with the swap file. Thus it makes sense to move it to my non raid drive. Does this make sense to you?