Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: E-Frontier buys Curious Labs

MadYuri opened this issue on Dec 04, 2003 ยท 81 posts

jval posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 10:29 AM

Rosehawk, Forgive me but I find your comment somewhat extreme. It has been well publicized that on it's initial release DAZ Studio will not be a complete product. It is known that it will likely be buggy, possibly have work flow issues, etc, etc. This will apply even when it first becomes available to non PC members. In fact, the whole point of releasing it at this stage is to maximize testing in various computer environments and, possibly, to give users the opportunity to influence it's development. Nobody who tries it and is disappointed can reasonably claim ignorance of the situation. It will be by personal choice, not by unpleasant surprise. And it won't cost them a cent to try. Contrast this to other companies who have released products saddled with unreasonable restrictions knowing full well that they are not ready for prime time. People paid good money only to become frustrated with the product. Insult was added to injury when shortly later others could share in their suffering for a far lower entrance fee. Neither situation is ideal but there is no question as to which I find more acceptable. It is perfectly fine to be sceptical or critical but one should always remain fair. - Jack