Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: E-Frontier buys Curious Labs

MadYuri opened this issue on Dec 04, 2003 ยท 81 posts

DCArt posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 12:44 PM

you dont really think that in all the time CL was sitting on poser4 they had been working on p5, do you? p5 was an afterthought - when poser4 had been sitting there virtually unchanged for years, and sales started to drop, im guessing thats when p5 was conceived for a boost in sales. OK ... I see your point. However, let's look at it from another perspective. In the time that CL was "sitting" on Poser 4, they had to (1) deal with losing their jobs at MetaCreations; (2) incorporate into a separate entity; (3) Deal with a severe reduction in staff (from however many programmers at MetaCreations down to a handful; and (4) the "dotcom" and "hi tech" bust that affected more than the dotcoms. There are probably other factors that we don't even know about. I am also disappointed in P5 - it's on my hard drive only for making sure that my products work in it. But, I also take into account that there are people behind this software - people who had a LOT to deal with in the couple of years between MetaCreations' breakup and the release of Pro Pack and P5. Let's give it a chance.