Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: E-Frontier buys Curious Labs

MadYuri opened this issue on Dec 04, 2003 ยท 81 posts

Ratteler posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 1:12 PM

Bottom line. Daz|Studio: Actively being developed. Created to work with modern hardware, and modern techniques in 3D (Weight mapping). Future enhancemnts and features already listed. Not the company's flagship product, or sole source of income. Poser: 3 Years of little to no development. A very poor 5.0 upgrade that broke the promises to support modern day hardware, and fix bugs in 4.0. An upgrade that culminated in laying off most of the programming staff. Removal of features that allowed integration with other high end 3D apps. And Poser is C-Labs main source of income. When you application is SOOOO bad people are cheering for competition that hasn't been created yet, you ARE in trouble. The only monumental blunder even close to this Microsoft themselves who have become so hated that people are turning Linux into a viable OS out of, pretty much, spite. I hope this new merger means Poser 6 will be the modern day bug free app that we all expected Poser 5 to be. D|S is PROMISING to be the answer to my prayers. Poser is just sitting there silent and ignoring me. WHen that changes, I'll be happy to jump back on the Poser bandwagon.