Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A good Renderer

Richmathews opened this issue on Dec 05, 2003 ยท 22 posts

Phantast posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:07 AM

For optimised Poser to Bryce work, see my tutorial at http://phantast.comicbabecentral.com/tutorials.htm - you are better off not trying to export the materials from Poser, just apply them in Bryce. You get better results this way. I don't know how quickly Firefly renders; the speed of a Bryce render depends very much on how many lights and how many reflective/transparent materials you have. Complex transmapped hair can be slow to render also. Taking 800x600 as a standard picture size, a moderately simple scene usually takes me 2-5 minutes to render on a PC with a chip speed of about 1.8 GHz. Add more complex lights and reflections, and 10-15 minutes is more typical, and longer is possible. Also, Bryce is cheap right now. Check out Vue as well, which will open pz3 files. I find Vue more powerful than Bryce, but not so easy to use. Bryce looks difficult to use at first because the interface is unfamiliar, but once you learn how to exploit it, it's a breeze. It's one of the very few programs where I find myself consciously admiring how well it is designed.