Forum: Vue

Subject: Honesty with tact.. always welcome

Shiollie opened this issue on Dec 05, 2003 ยท 8 posts

ChuckEvans posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:44 PM

Well, I have to agree with ren. Just about all of what he said. Can't offer any tips on how to make the cliffs look varied, though (like to learn that myself). But the cliffs look perfect for such a scene (good job!). I can't add much (as I'm not much of an artist) so I'll add what I think the image should look like if I were doing it...which may not agree with you at all. The colors look too cold (blue and purplish) for me. For some reason, I think it needs warmer colors. More in line with vegetation sort of thing. A bit more green with a tiny bit of yellow. Tint only. You could adjust that in post and see easily how it looks, I think. Also, looking at this image, I think I'd like to see the foreground clear with mist or fog in the distance. Guess I've been to too many Jurassic Park movies....LOL. Something bothers me about what is below the trunk of the tree on the left (for some unexplainable reason). Also, not sure of the accuracy of what looks like to be a leopard with dinos...but I'm going to chalk that up to it being a sabertooth tiger...hehe. But, I think it's a wonderful image! Seriously! I wish I could do stuff like that. Keep us posted.