Forum: Carrara

Subject: Forum stuff (what do we need) Please post with your opinions!

Kixum opened this issue on Dec 06, 2003 ยท 16 posts

Kixum posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 7:55 PM

Concerning this mornings chat session, I'm still on Taiwan time and I literally (really really) fell asleep at my computer this morning in my big cushy chair and my wife woke me up when she came home for work. I'm terribly sorry. Thanks for all the responses. I can re-energize my efforts on the backroom and finish the brain trust which I originally generated. Now that I have hi speed internet, it should go easier. Reading EVERY single thread ever posted is a lot of work but it only needs to get done once. The resource CD was originally generated A LONG time ago to try and respond to the lack of freebies out there. It was also designed to be a captured and locked down resource for tutorials. Tutorials would come and go on the net but a tutorial on the CD was captured for all time. I still think this has great value. So.......... On the CD front, the deadline for submissions is the last working day in January. I'll be working on tutorials for the CD and I'll probably toss in some more objects and materials for fun. Anybody else who wants to add stuff, just email me. I think ten minute challenges are great and it always seems like it takes somebody to jump start them. I'll put a note on my calendar to do that once a month and anybody who wants to toss one in the hopper should do so! I've always felt the forum is a great place to get help. It seems like that's taking care of itself just fine and I'm VERY glad that's the case. Fantastic! Eovia has been super duper extra great about sponsoring the contests and continuing interest in our forum here so contests will still continue for as long as I can keep a sponsor on the line. I think they're a lot of fun and keep us tied together. So to sum up, I'll saw on the backroom some more. I would like some help and I think I'll cook up a contest to solicit that help. I've always wanted some cool buttons and a nice texture for the backdrop with a spiff header graphic. Where in the world could I find a better group of people to create that than here! More tutorials. More 10 minute challenges. Once again, sorry about missing the chat session my own self. Very embarrassing on my own part. If we still want chat sessions, then post here and we can work it out. Thanks again, -Kix

-Kix