Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue vs Vue Pro

Richmathews opened this issue on Dec 09, 2003 ยท 35 posts

ChuckEvans posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 8:56 AM

"Steve from e-onsoftware explained to me, that, if you have a scene over 100 MB big, you may need in fact 2Giga memory. I only have 1 Gig RAM on a 2.8 Machine and only had crash problems when scenes becomes really extremely heavy. Otherwise not. Vue 4 Pro works like a charm :-) So that's not a Vue 4 Pro problem, just a problem of our poor machines. A hint from Steve: Disable multiple undos, uncheck the small preview window, hide layers and objects you don't need absolutely to see while working on your scene, group objects." Hi, Guitta (stealing this thread for myself). So, a 2.8 machine is an old machine? OUCH! I'm about the same as you with 2.4 and 1 GB of RAM. A scene I'm working on now is up to 68 MB and I haven't added the several Michael 3 figures (with sci-fi textures) and weapons. Also more meshes to add for detail. OUCH! I've already started having problems with program crashes but I don't even get an error message...it just "goes away". I would hate to buy 1 more GB of (expensive) RDRAM (for my Dell) and STILL have the problem. Sometimes, it's just dropping to ground a plant...BOOM...program gone. I'm not trying to be a butthole about it and rant like crazy...I would like to give the information to Eon so they could use it to try and figure out what the problem is but there isn't much information to give out..."I clicked on 'drop to ground' and the program disappeard." doesn't seem like much help for them. And if they asked for my scene to try and duplicate it, how would I get 68MB to them? I've started saving the file after 5 or 6 changes but writing out the save file (and the backup file) gets to be a bother after a while. I don't think it's my system because V4 is VERY stable on it. Other than the tips above, to help stop crashes, how can I help Eon make this wonderful product more stable? And I say wonderful because of the things you mentioned above...I don't need Pro for the "pro" ability with the other high-end products but the plant editor, the Open Gl, and the ability to look "through" the lights is great.