Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Stupid Question: WHEN!?! WHEN?!?!?

tedbragg opened this issue on Dec 14, 2003 ยท 14 posts

milamber42 posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 7:18 AM

IMO, it does look like the definition in the Meriam-Webster Dictionary is current. It says nothing about "shrink-wrap" software, just software that "is not yet available". D|S does fit this category, but does it fit the "widely advertisied" part of the definition? Opinions will vary on this one for sure. :)

D|S was announced around a year ago here and at PoserPros (not sure about 3D Commune). D|S was shown at trade shows. It was covered in the trade magazines. It's been heavily advertised to DAZ customers. IMO, it does fit widely advertised.

And, since it is a computer-related product, at this time, IMO, it is vaporware. [No big deal. No attack on DAZ here. Just my opinion..:)] I don't know if the Oxford Dictionary or any other dictionary has the same definition as Merriam-Webster. M-W is the only dictionary online, and I also own a M-W dictionary. Anyone got easy access to another one? This is not important enough to me to make a trip to the library, but it would be interesting to see what the definition is in other "official" dictionaries.