Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 my vote for biggest disappointment of 2003.

alamanos opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 59 posts

panko posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 4:22 PM

As for the Inject Morph method I agree --more cumbersome than useful and a great devourer of time!... On what "Realism" is concerned (on V3) I have my objections. I worked with all three Victorias (and much less with Stephanie) and although V2 was a definitive improvement over V1, V3 did not make the big difference that we all had expected (same as M3 isn't any dramatic improvement over M2 --always on what realism is concerned). In V2 the worse flaws, in my opinion, were the impossible to fix traps and the plainly horrible lats. V3 came out with corrected traps but the lats are still a disaster. V3 face is difficult to alter without the help from textures and all "cosmetic operations" on her are time consuming. Her body is more flexible to handle and easier to pose than V2, but "realism" still remains a futuristic dream. But the worse problem in all Millennium characters are the JOINTS. They all look fine in the zero pose, but when you try to put some action into their limbs... all hell breaks loose! (I should know for I'm working on a sports project actually and use almost exclusively V3 models). Try to raise her arms above her head and you'll see what I mean. In fact the only way to achieve a "realistic" pose in this position is to compromise, "cheating" on reality by creating a pose that, with the help of lights and cameras "appears" to be realistic (but it isn't). The legs suffer from the same limitations. Raising the thighs above a certain point and bending the shins too far back (as in a kneeling position) would be looking for trouble. Again you can cheat here up to a point but the sure thing is that you'll finally end up post-working in Photoshop to mend things up. In my view we cannot expect "realism" without a new mesh that takes into consideration the joints problem and takes steps to correct it. After this is done the muscularity issue should be addressed and so on and so forth. Right now, I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are no 3D models capable of achieving "realism" by themselves --that is without the help of texturing, lights, cameras and post-work.

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy