Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio---What's the purpose?

biggert opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 77 posts

melanie posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 8:20 PM

I never bought Poser 5 because of all the trouble with it and I'm eagerly awaiting DAZ Studio. You have to realize that the promo you see at DAZ is only for the base program. There will be add-on modules that will enhance it and make it do some awesome things. DAZ is one of the most incredible companies I've ever dealt with. They bend over backwards to please their customers. That's a rare thing these days. As for Bombshell hair, I have it and use it and it worked perfectly for me the very first time I used it. I'm not sure what the problem is you're having, but I'm sure DAZ will help you work it out. As for conforming to Vicki 3, you don't have to conform hair, you can parent it to her head and it'll work fine. I use hair made for other characters all the time. Conforming doesn't necessarily make it better. As long as it says with the head, that's all you need. I've used Jim Burton's San Francisco hair for Vicki on Michael by parenting it to his head, and it looks great. Don't be too hasty to judge DAZ. They're a terrific company, not a monopoly at all. They're a small company with a small staff, and they do all they can to satisfy their customers. Melanie