Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio---What's the purpose?

biggert opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 77 posts

PheonixRising posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 10:34 PM

Biggert, No it is not "sort of" like that at all actually. ----------------------------------------------------- Let's talk about Pose Joint parameters for a second. Spheres? They used spheres. They could have at least changed the hard cosing for the spheres so you coulld morph their shapes for better falloff but nnoooooo. why do that? That would make too much sense. The spheres are ahrd coded into the program but something could have been done. Daz Studio will be worth it for the conversion from Poser joints to weight mapping alone. Changing geom was one of the unique Poser features worth expanding but did they make it easier?...noooooooo They made it worse my collapsing all the dials for the various parts into one display instance where the dials changed based on the part dialed in before. A Hair room with no undo button. A program with no undo button. And after FIVE versions of the software NO undo button. I hate to burst anyones bubble but Poser is not a professional program. If you have years and years of experience with it it is very powerful but who is going to do their doctorite in Poser! lol Give me a break. No Hardware acceleration and no ability to use dual processors which have been around for 10 years. After FIVE cersions of the software it is nothing more than an stealing to peddle a 5th version that is absolutley nothing more than ProPack with a barbaric hair room, a cloth room that crashes and forgets it's own defined groups and no way to save your settings as MAT files themselves. Inexcusable. If it wasn't for the hope that eventually DAZ Studio will provide us all a way out of this Poser Dark Age, I would have blown out of this market last year. I love P4. SHe is stable and true. Simple and to the point. Known for her limits but steady in her performace. In my opinion P4 was the last great version of Poser. See now I am all fired up and annoyed. hehe -Anton "Small words from a small being trying to attack what it doesn't understand" -Borg Queen, Star Trek-First Contact

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer