Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio---What's the purpose?

biggert opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 77 posts

soulhuntre posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 7:16 AM

Obviously the only reason dor D|S is to make sure that Daz has an engine of their own to render their products in. I hope it turns out nice - but frankly I am not holding my breath much. The only saving grace to Poser for high end work these days is Body Studio so you can pull the Poser stuff into Max. If D|S changes things such that the scenes won't load into Body Studio any more then it isn't going to be of much value. Renderman is a nice thing to say for rendering but really it isn't going to change anything. Firefly is a good renderer too and it hasn't change the world either and that is because there is a LOT more to a useful rendering tool than just the engine. You need to be able to compose, light and place cameras into the scene and actually manage large amounts of geometry. Another application that can render single Poser figures isn't going to help with that. What WILL be a nightmare is if Daz decides they are going to release figures that only function well in D|S. Considering they have decided not to "officially" support Poser5 you can see the split coming a mile away. When that happens I will be sad to see them go - but without a good pathway into Max there is no way I am locking into D|S. Hopefully they are smarter than that - and so far Daz seems pretty smart.