Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio---What's the purpose?

biggert opened this issue on Dec 16, 2003 ยท 77 posts

pdxjims posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 11:00 AM

DS is another tool we can use. Some people won't like it, some people will. It will have it's own advantages and disadvantages. As a brand new product, and a free beta at that I expect problems. In fact, I hope for some. Then I can see if Daz does a better job of fixing them than CL did. Some don't like Daz as a company. My experience is that they seem to be the most customer service company I've ever dealt with. 30 days to get a refund after a purchase, always help when I call, and I like most of their products. After putting up with P5's problems and CL's attempts to stay afloat, I'll welcome a new product from a company that I've come to trust. As for DS itself... well, Daz does seem to be doing things right. Smaller feature set that actually works (I hope). Tested by a LARGE and OPEN base. Modular so other enhancements can be added later. Open GL. And the price for the base is right. We know that it'll be able to do just about everything P4 does as part of the base. Posing, rendering, materials, etc. LawnDart is right about developing a new program. Every time you make a change, it affects other parts of the program. The goal is to identify problems and localize fixes. Not an easy task, but it's been done before. Otherwise we would all be playing with Mattel's Barbie and Ken instead of making images. Let's wait until DS is released to evaluate it. After all, isn't that what a beta test is?