Forum: Community Center

Subject: So Long...Farewell

Jenai21 opened this issue on Dec 17, 2003 ยท 34 posts

Jenai21 posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 7:56 AM

Hi all...thanks for the immediate emails letting me know what's going on...it prevented me from doing something stupid like deleting the x'ed out images...I would like to address some comments. 1) I'm not begging for faster service or more options...I was asking for decent (not even good) standard of service which includes not completely erasing someone's gallery...since I only came to Renderosity in Jan. 2003 my entire gallery was gone not just a portion...also added to that I had no other way to get those images back (my fault I lost my harddrive and still haven't had time to backup my images)If your an artist you know that this is not a LITTLE PROBLEM...losing your work is like losing a part of yourself even for a hobbyist like me it's a big deal to find nearly your entire gallery is gone and according to the powers that be...it will never come back, but the good news is what's left is safe...2)Another thing is that Renderosity is a community and like every other community it has to answer to it's citizens for its mistakes...I'm not asking for blood, sweat, and tears...just a bit of common courtesy (Dee-Marie more than did this I felt her apology was well-timed and sincere and her actions completely understandable)...3)For years Rendeosity has been the best and even as a lurker this was something I noticed so when I finally joined I had come to expect certain standards but lately (since about September) Renderosity has been going to hell..its been isolating it's artist...pissing off the merchants...and shafting buyers...but as long as merchants still upload to the marketplace this site will be popular but there are times when people have to say enough and if I had lost about 90 irreplacable images I would have definitely left and I would have left the same message because my friends here and people who follow my art deserve to know why I left and where I'm going from here and the forum is the appropriate place to do it. I didn't complain about a lot of things in the past because as we all noted it's a free site but you can't just keep letting someone walk over you just because the services they supply you with are free. My saying "this sucks, I'm leaving" is my right to do so and in this case it wasn't unprovoked and it wasn't after not getting my way in restoring the 3 a day upload limit... :) Although I would love to see it come back... :) I enjoy the people who inhabit this site, I rejoice in their work, and even if I don't always agree with their opinions I at least respect them and that's all I ask back is respect from the powers be to the artist that have made this community what it is and feel forced to leave because the adminstration made huge, avoidable mistakes and didn't even have the decency to apologize. I did react to soon but I feel my reaction was understandable and once again thanks to everyone for personally emailing me or IM'ing me because it really helped me to calm down and think rationally...Thanks for showing interest...Jenn