Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: # of gallery uploads...a little rant here

rockets opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 4:38 PM

I guess Ill step in~gets on her deep water waders to not step in poop~ I really dont mind the one a day, time constraints now a days for me keep me from doing more then one a day heck most times now not even one a day. BUT I do see the fact that when an artist gets inspiration and the lightning bolt hits and you sit like a maniac at the puter{or canvas as I have} and you work like a ferret on crack for hours..heck days eyes bleary and paint going a mile a minute{or tweeks on a poser piece} and you suddenly find that the piece has taken rabid life and you have three..four FIVE...OMG a whole set of pics and you are like OMG yes yes YES omg YES I FINALLY LOVE SOMETHING I DID.. and you want to post and BAM you cant post them all...to take the very gust and gail out of your sails so to speak and go "one per day" it kind of smacks you on your paint stained cheeks. it would be like giving a prolific artist only one piece of paper..or canvas a day...sometimes that doesnt work. sometimes when it hits...it HITS and you ahve to get it out of your head show it..breath life into it! does that make sense? as for this being a free site...they offered it up...told us it was free...when we are here then they switch it. now the only thing that tweeks me on this is that {personal opinion} that those that were already members should of been allowed to keep the old standards..."grandfathered in" so to speak. as for the free thing again....well you have to realize something yes Dr.Geep is right about something..the whole cost thing. but you see it is a project that is paying into itself. you see you invite the artists in, they look at your market placec and purchase ..get all excited render something and WAMN someone else goes OMG that is COOL I JUST HAVE TO HAVE THAT goes and purchase it. {read what rendo makes on each sell and you will see the profit is rather sweet} and then the whole cycle happens again and again and again and the ARTISTS are providing free advertising. not JUST at renderosity either. but at other poser sites..the post a pic with a renderosity exclusive and guess what..someone sees it and goes OMG I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT...goes and POOF finds renderosity and guess what SPENDS MORE MONEY. so sorry I do not feel one bit guilty for not being satisfied with the deals rendo slips to us artists.. with out each and every one of us the good and the bad they would not make nearly the profit margin they do. they get free advertising from each and everyone of us. even the free things they get goods from..how? guess what someone goes through and sees a texture for so and so or this or that and guess what....OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THAT THAT IS SO COOL ...BAM next thing you know they are at the MP..and again.......MORE PROFIT. so now they are using the artists to make the free advertising..then CHARGING the artists to do it???? sorry no do not buy it. God this was afar longer post then I was meaningn to write ...I think I need to go back and make cookies............~wanders off~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.