Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: # of gallery uploads...a little rant here

rockets opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 76 posts

FishNose posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 5:38 PM

If one produces so many images every day that one considers good enough to show to the world I ask this: 1. How much time did it take? Is it really a finished, fully fledged work? 2. Does it differ sufficiently from other works by the same artist to justify exposure - or is it the same gazebo with much the same Vicki in a similar dress holding her hands in the air in a slightly different way? Or is it a completely NEW composition, a completely NEW idea at the sight of which others might say 'WOW! That's nice!' instead of 'U-huh, seen this before... two hours ago....' 3. Do you have a life? I dunno, even a render a week is way more than I have time for. But then, one composition with resulting final render & post etc may take me up to 30-40 hours before I think it passes the test. And also, I have kids with loads of math homework, a relationship, a job, a house, shopping, taxes, shoveling snow etc. Maybe I'm unusual here? Is it necessary to expose EVERYTHING one produces? Does it give the viewer something new, or just an 'uh-huh, I recognise this.......' - In other words, think of the viewers, what they might want from the gallery, not only from the view of the posters... 4. And specifiaclly to Ratteler - Ooooooh so you're a REAL artist! Gee, can I have your autograph? lol! That's hilarious, us other mortals who post only ONE! IMAGE! AT a TIME! are just jerks... oh wow. :] Fish (the extremely non-artist if that's the measure of it - I post one per month on average so I'm a total dork)