Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: # of gallery uploads...a little rant here

rockets opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 76 posts

millman posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 7:41 PM

Don't understand the uproar, but I don't consider myself an artist either. SOme time ago I posted one, cabin in the fog thing, only took me three weeks to get it to that stage, and I'm still working on it. Scenery is almost done, getting ready to try to inject the actors. Probably another month before I admit I can't do any better. Probably not "art" maybe not even a good illustration, except for what I want. 1800 lines of code cut to 1400 as elements I thought "essential" were found to be only clutter, but I'm starting to like the way it's coming out now. Too many years of shooting many rolls of film per day, and finding there was one image that was worth working on, then spending many hours in the darkroom, and many dollars for chemistry, trying to make the "perfect" print. Point: If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well. Mass production is what I did for a living, even the finest of the mass production items could not be considered art. Even 1500 images per day is more than I have time to look at, and I have DSL.