Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: # of gallery uploads...a little rant here

rockets opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 76 posts

Jenai21 posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 10:59 PM

Okay what's really bothering me about this conversation is that some people seem to be justifying the new limit because they can't fathom how someone can complete 3 unique quality images a day...this is total bull...some of my favorite artists have completed 3 a day and when I first started I could post 3 completely unique, finished and what I feel is quality images a day very easily...just because some people take 3 weeks to complete an image doesn't mean you punish those who have the time, skill, patience, or whatever you want to call it, to do more...if you want to justify the limit a simple it's a free site and renderosity will do what it wants regardless is enough...but to force your ideas of the proper time needed to complete quality art is not right and should be unacceptable...allowing others(and others being few if my recollection of the last renderosity poll regarding changing the limit) to decide for a whole community what is or isn't art, or what does or doesn't represent the proper amount of time to complete art goes against what all artist believe in and that's freedom of expression...if renderosity is experiencing bandwidth problems or the cost is extreme those are things that I can deal with but someone telling me I need 3 weeks to complete my vision is unacceptable...also it's good to remember that their are a lot of hobbyist (like myself) and beginners who don't strive for perfection with every image they use this site to get feedback on their work and to show their progress not to say look at me my image is perfect...also the excuse that not every image get the amount of views it deserves because folks upload 3 a day is another what I feel dumb excuse...you can have the same images on a page for a week and if they don't appeal to people they won't be viewed if your art is good enough trust me people will take the time to either mark you as their favorite or surf the gallery...I only click on thumbnails that appeal to me not thumbnails that are just their...if you don't get the views you think you deserve maybe you should examine your own art instead of trying to impede others...again I feel renderosity has the right to limit uploads because it is a free site and renderosity does pay to host the images although I completely agree with DE that this is a symbiotic relationship our art helps renderosity get their nice percentage from the marketplace but if this decision was motivated by the above reasons I feel this is more political bull being forced upon artists by those who are either jealous of the amount of views others get or are snobbish about what real art is and how long it takes to be made...this is all just my opinion and if this offends anyone I'm sorry but it's how I feel...forcing your views about art on others is wrong...sorry this was a lot longer than I intended but I just got on a roll...Jenn...wow and to think I wasn't going to say anything... :)