Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I could use a little help please....

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Aug 24, 2000 ยท 18 posts

STORM3 posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 7:37 AM

Menonymous The primary file is that of the character so the zip goes in under (000)Characters_Fem or whatever. That way all the morphs etc for that character are together. There is obviously some crossover and the system is not perfect. For a file like a Tim Laubach texture or a set of morphs by Traveller they obviously go into (000) Textures_Fem/(11)TLaubach Textures and (000)Morphs/(11)Trav/Fem_Body. Most downloads generally have a logical destination. However, sometimes you have to make a decision based on the importance of the stuff to you. E.g. If a character file has a hair type or texture I might want to use with other figures I might duplicate the texture and hair files in the Textures and hair (000) folders. More often I would do that in the various libraries in Poser itself by for instance saving the hair from a character separately into the Poser Hair Library. In addition I don't unzip files until I actually need them as win zip will open files without unzipping and you can use PSP or ACDSee 3.0 to look at texture maps in the file's unzipped state and wordpad for the readme files. # My preview (prv) thumbs for each file solve most of the problems. The 20Gigs of Downloads I have are files mainly in zipped form so God only knows what they would amount to if all were unzipped. Finally I also have one copy of a completely unzipped (000) Folder (000)Morphs. The reason is simple; I am using the Head Figures in the Poser Additional Figures Library to load all the various head morphs into. I have a separate P4 Fem head for Mouth, Eye, Nose etc morphs. This helps greatly when creating characters as once the right shape is achieved - from e.g. the Head figure containing all the mouth morphs - it can be saved as a morph and loaded into the actual character figure I am developing. I also do this for the various body parts as well and it has the advantage of much lower memory requirements. Sorry for rambling on but it took me a long time to develop a system for handling all the Poser related stuff that more or less works. Maybe this can help others as well. STORM