Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: CHECK THIS OUT WOAH!!!

bungle1 opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 39 posts

3-DArena posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 10:26 PM

bungle1 I wouldn't worrya bout it overly much - Questor is right on this one but DAZ will most likely not allow you to sell lookalikes on their site anyhow. The AMG clone you mention that they sell is legally licensed from AMG and doesn't infringe. Furthermore just eht use of that package entails a seperate license agreement for the customer than the usual DAZ license IIRC, you can't re-create AMG in anything that reflects badly on her. Look alikes aren't all there is to it either. Heck you can't even use a celebrities name if it is deemed that you are doing so for the express purpose of creating a profit or to garner attention/awareness. Alyssa Milano's mother has made a career out of protecting celebrities like her daughter, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs and others. If you so much as use the name of one she represents in your website meta tags she will sue you, she has done so and has won several times, unless of course it is a suitable site (i.e. a review site) or authorized.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo