Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: CHECK THIS OUT WOAH!!!

bungle1 opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 39 posts

who3d posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:30 AM

Quotes from bungle1 in this thread that have given me pause for thought (above and beyond his apparent arrogance in posting the thing in an inappropriate forum in the first place): [QUOTES] a freebee lol hmmm good point... wat parmeters define a charicature ?? alasmy models are like clonelol identical meshes, i can do charicatures too... It all depends on the texture i think hehe ther must be a number of ways to get around it [the law] also I will only sell the Inj - Rems and fc poses etc..(but market them dressed with full body and head ultra hi res photorealistic skin textures) I will keep this in mind and try and put together some form of protection statement so Im not liable for legal action.. its strnge that it hasnt been done b4, too risky... , but ant any rate wer thers a will thers a way... if people see them they will want them sooo badly...a shit load of cash could be made if this is done right... [END QUOTES] Now there's far too much there for me to tackle in detail, but a couple of things occur to me. First off the product itself looks great, from the imge posted. Secondly there is a definate appearance of money-grubbing to the extent of openly admitting to wanting to find a way around the laws of the land in order to make more money (off the back of celebrities) whilst avoiding any attempts by such celebreties to claim any money for themselves. This is just dishonerable. Think about it, for a minute, please. If we see part of one of our renders, or a texture, or a morph being used without our permission we (generically, as a group) go out for blood instantly. Yet here bungle1 appreciates that what he wants to do will/is considered illegal by the law and by celebrieites "in general" so he's seeking ways AROUND that, so he can still use well-known characters to improve/increase sales? Forgive me, but before you ever get to the point of thinking "how can I make sure the law can't touch me" shouldn't you be thinking "if it's illegal maybe I shouldn't be doing it?". Just random thoughts, could be I read more "attitude" than was actually there, but this post has been one on a number over the months where a double standard appears to be applying (and I'd be first in line to admit I'd love all sorts of celebrity morphs and textures - but I wouldn't expect to start making money off of them without the rights to do so). Cliff