Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pardon my asking, but...

FrenchToast opened this issue on Dec 22, 2003 ยท 18 posts

Mercytoo posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 2:56 PM

Here's how I got into Poser... I wanted, like you, to learn about 3D graphics. I had no knowledge of CGI, modeling, etc. I bought Poser Pro Pack and started playing with the models that come with it and some freebies from here & other sites. I became addicted (lol) and began purchasing models (human, animal, clothing, props, etc). Now, this of course can become expensive so I kept playing with what I had and bought what I could when I could afford it. Of course, I want to learn to model. I have some plans of my own (which lead me to begin using Poser) that I'd like to see come to life. I don't want to use models that can be easily recognisable as "Victoria" or "Michael". I want them to be my own. So, for giftmas, my husband bought me Cinema4D, the best modeler that no one's ever heard of. I started with wings which was simple & fun but not very powerful. I tried Maya's PLE and got no where. I started researching other modelers and was leaning towards Max when my hubby surprized me with C4D (he wasn't sure if it was something I could use or not). I hadn't done much reasearch on C4D but thought, "What the heck" and I LOVE it. Everyone has their own preferance for a modeling program. Anyway - I'm rambling now... sorry about that. I think Poser is a good investment. It was inexpensive to get started and it's lots of fun. And, I've learned a whole lot about 3D graphics from using it. I don't regret buying it and starting with it. As someone else said, at least with Poser, you can start experimenting with simple things like facial expressions... then move up to lighting and eventually animation. Get your feet wet with CGI and other people's models, then, one day you might feel comfortable enough to start making your own. It's your money, you spend it how you see fit and what you think will be the best investment for you in the long term. Good luck! Liz