Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Please post D|S posts in the D|S Forum

Crescent opened this issue on Dec 25, 2003 ยท 62 posts

Questor posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 5:50 PM

A posing forum? How to manipulate an arm? Make a character sit? Oh I hardly think so. Poser 5 (if/when) they fix it properly, introduce sensible memory management and eliminate the P4 weirdness that it's inherited will be an extremely versatile and powerful application all it's own. The potential for integration into the Shade software makes it even more so. I doubt there'll ever NOT be a need for a Poser forum and it's future may well be far brighter than I might even think. Having spoken at some length with Katherine at CL I'm quite hopeful that it will improve and fullfill it's potential. In that respect Poser is and will become a vastly different application to Studio. There's been a mistake opinion in this and other forums that Studio is "another Poser". It's not, it was never intended to be and trust me, manipulating and posing characters in Studio will be and at the moment now, is, significantly different to Poser. As an example. If I was to post instructions here on "posing" a character for Cinema, or Rhino, the instruction set would make absolutely zero sense to a Poser user. I do see what you're saying but Studio is as removed from Poser as 3DAntic is removed from poser. They are not, and will never be the "same".