Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Please post D|S posts in the D|S Forum

Crescent opened this issue on Dec 25, 2003 ยท 62 posts

compiler posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 5:59 AM

I second the idea of 2 separate forums. Those programs have very different strong points, and very different procedures : material room, cloth room, hair room in Poser 5, light management in DS, the list goes on... Basically, the only common things between P5 and DS is that both can bend limbs (OK, just stretching things a bit there) I understand that, for Poser4 users who don't want to go into Poser5, the unique forum would seem interesting. But, in the end, it is just a question of wether you want to stick with Poser4 simplicity, struggle with Poser5 learning curve (and rewarding results IMHO), or embark on the DS adventure. This is an interesting time we are in. May be we will see DS becoming an advanced poser4, while Poser5 users will be drawn into a new level of complexity with the P5/shade merging. Or may be DS or Poser5 will dissapear from the 3D scene. Who knows ? Anyway, the problems one is likely to encounter are very different in P4, P5 and DS. That's the reason why I think 2 separate forums are a good idea. PS : I appreciate DAZ products, DAZ is a good firm, with strong points. But it also has not so strong points. I'm getting annoyed by people who support DAZ like it was a religion.