Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Big request for you incredible remappers!

ookami opened this issue on Dec 26, 2003 ยท 11 posts

caulbox posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 6:24 AM

When you consider what you pay for a single conforming item ($30 for this one!) then the cloth room alone in Poser 5 has got to be worth the purchase price of the software many times over. I was a bit of a late arrival in the cloth room - as there was (and will be for a very long time yet) so much more to explore in Poser. I ventured back to the cloth room only very recently (not least because of Joe's humorous comments about how much he loved the place). I had to find out why! Somewhat ironically, it was the V3 Fantasy dress which had put me off a bit at first. I thought the dress would be an ideal candidate to be clothified - but Poser was soooo slow, I gave up. As of yet, I know very little about the intricacies of the room, but this last couple of weeks I've had so much fun there. I simply export a clothing figure as an object, and then re-import it (without the boxes ticked so the object appears on my character where it was when exported). Then I sometimes either shrink or enlarge a bit (usually shrink cos I like the petite characters too!) and ask Poser to do its stuff (usually default) whilst I sit back in amazement! I discovered where I went wrong with the fantasy dress is that I was exporting the entire dress including the body handle. I now export the object without the skirt material (DAZ's name for the leg-puller) and it adapts brilliantly to the cloth room takes just a couple of mins for most Poses and refits. It's the same with the Starlet dress. I export that one without the 2 sleeves and skirt materials and it also adapts superbly for clothifying. I haven't got Stephanie 3, but to give you an idea of the results, here's the Poser 3 NYW, which Im guessing, may be of similar proportions. Only takes a couple of minutes to fit, but I had to do this one twice, because I found the default nipples setting in the NYW figure to be too extreme for the thickness of the dress cloth! (and my eyebrows got raised a bit as well!). The cloth room really is that sensitive to fitting.