Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Problem with scanned photos on new computer

Sue88 opened this issue on Dec 27, 2003 ยท 17 posts

Sue88 posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 9:40 AM

Yes, we transferred the files using CDs. I spent hours yesterday trying to find some answers at the Microsoft and Dell sites, and finally I tracked down the info on how to change things in the BIOS (trying to repair Windows XP). But before doing that, we did some more experimenting and this is what we found: 1. When setting up the computer we had set up our own accounts in Windows XP and he was doing all this file transfer and folder opening stuff in his account. 2. He had made a "genealogy" folder on his desktop and if he put these files (which were organized into several folders) into this genealogy folder, and then he went into those folders to open them, he had the crashing problem. 3. If he put the picture folders on the desktop, but not in the genealogy folder, he didn't have the problem. 4. We logged onto my account, made a genealogy folder on my desktop, and put these picture folders in there to see what would happen. 5. We could go into this genealogy folder and open the folders without any crashing. So right now it seems that maybe there's something wrong with his account and everything works fine in mine. So I think we'll just put those pictures in that folder in my account (and maybe we'll delete his account and set up a new one for him). Thank you very much for all the help and suggestions! I hope that now everything will work fine. :) Thanks again, Sue