Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Open Source DAZ Studio is what we really need!

bizarro opened this issue on Dec 30, 2003 ยท 17 posts

millman posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 11:44 AM

(Besides hitting the reset button when their systems lock/blue screen,) THis is the exclusive property of the windoze system, I've been running other programs on my Linux system, and in three months have yet to have it lock or crash. windoze seems to have the concept of backing up one step and start again escape them totally. Being more than 200 frames into a 500 frame animation when windoze lost it's mind isn't prone to making for productive time or happy operators. Each patch for windoze reminds me of nothing more than buying another box of bandaids to stick on the mummy. High end programs are high end because they spend much time trying to beat down windoze and allow the program to do what it's supposed to do. (Like I said, I'm not a programmer, but keep the company of quite a few that are.) Don't know how large a team it would take, but it strikes me that the POV-Ray team isn't all that big. The fact that most of the high end stuff will EXPORT POV-Ray, but none of them will import POV files should say something.