Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poses as Parameter Dials

Literata opened this issue on Dec 30, 2003 ยท 14 posts

lesbentley posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 5:14 PM

To the best of my knolege it's not posible to impliment a pose from a paramiter dial (and that's a great pitty). You say "I'd like to have parameter dials that would take a non-posed V3 and move her into the sitting pose.", to some extent this is possible, I once created a p4 character with ERC that that would move her into a sitting position, but only if she started out in a zeroed pose or somthing close to it. Basicly this worked by having a master channel that controled the translateY of the hip (with a deltaAddDelta value of -0.022), the rotateX of the thighs (with a deltaAddDelta value of -10.000), and the shins (with a deltaAddDelta value of 10.000). Attached is the text of a pz2 that will inject the necessary slaving code to make a character sit down, the file was made for Posette so you may have to edit the deltaAddDelta value for hip when the file is used on Victoria or other figures. It will also be necessary to to add a master channel, as new channels can't be injected. To do this you can either load the figure into Poser, zero all the morphs, then spawn a full body morph with the name "SitDown", or you can use a text editor to add a valueParm channel with this name to the cr2. Having said all that, the idea of adding an animation pose to the character, as I think was sugested by Geep, is probably an easier way to go.