Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WIP: DOAnimEyes 3.0

Riddokun opened this issue on Dec 28, 2003 ยท 13 posts

Riddokun posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 8:06 PM

in fact i did not intended to make photorealistic eyes as i am not able too... But i stil wanted to add a bit depth/detail on teh iris though, and also correct somethings i made... For the reflections, well i am studying p4f and millenium figure's materials to use it at my advantage, but i wont paint the fake reflection anymore directly on eye texture itself. I'll use a trick. Also yes reflection was a bit diluted because i used Poser 4 material room to change highlight, but usually you can set it as you want, put your own reflection map and so on... When i started DOAnimEyes i wanted to make something that was close to fantasy computer CG animations of games such as Dead or Alive (and realtime 3d ingame engines as well), so they are not intended to me realistic, but not either to be too simple, anyway i may make a second brand (bishoujo eyes) with very simple details, and exxagerated caracteristic reflections, much like what you find in soe japanese 2d/still video games and anime or mangas (think of for example urushiara's kind in games like langrisser) In fact a smart prop is not too difficult regarding variety of figur,s all you need to do is a morph or a pose file to put them at the good place for each (blackhearted and rio did this fortheir blackheared eyes...) Blackhearted eyes did show a nice simple yet very clever idea: a first sphere with concave shape in the area of iris, to add depth, an another sphere slightly bigger to cover the whole eyeball sphere, so you can add highlights, reflectiosn and the like. The results are.. well look at the promo pics of his products :) But for lamers like me who cannot make morphs, i could not use them as i wanted... May's smartprop for mayadoll eyes were clever too. The iris area is flat (not concave, but it is stl like that), but dissapointingly, this flat area is narrower/smaller than actual mayadoll eye iris textures, that in fact are placed on the second sphere surrounding the eyeball. and there is a THIRD sphere too. The uses of both additionnal spheres can lead to interesting combinations, i am working on a very complex (for a lame newbie textue maker like me i mean) morphless (would need one or too but cannot do it) thing, that can allow change of color of eyes within material room, shape/size of pupils to choose among a few predefinite, and then reflection map and/or highlight and/or custom texture for fake reflection all over it... Now what i would need was best of both world, i mean i would like someone to be able to make me (or teach me how to do, preferably with a free 3d modeling program) a iris morph for mayadoll's first sphere (flat iris one) to enlarge it a bit (to match usual mayadoll eye's size), make it concave or stay flat, and another morph on the first additionnnal sphere to enlarge the very center (where pupil is supposed to be), or to model me a smartprop like this. i am not odeller and right now cannot afford time to learn, but i try to improve my textures and cheat/tweak what i cannot do with morphs using textures. Right now i have 4 projects regarding eyes, 2 for mayadolls, one for all and one for millenium figures... (and thousands of MAT FILES to make with it :) --- regarding Mike 3, so you say the mat files for my v3 eyes work ? what i mean is a seamguide/wire like template of each figure's eyes, with colors and name of "materials" of them. I dont know about steph 3 but i do not need to buy the character at all, all i need is a templat/seamguide with material, for any figures, and i can make eyes for them (no, not EVE, eve users sorry, i cannot help you :)